Monday, August 20, 2007

Miami Trip Part II

When I was younger, ghost and alien stories always scared me really badly. I can handle the alien stories now, but the ghost ones still get me sometimes. I don't think that I have ever seen a ghost (one incident is questionable, but that's a whole different story), but I believe in ghosts to some extent.

On our Miami trip, we had a little bit of ghost story. Thankfully, I didn't hear the "ghost story" until Monday morning on the way to the airport. If I had found out when it happened, I would've been one scared girl! So, on the way to the airport, Joel asked Jelani if he was up late the night before, which was odd, b/c Jelani is usually up late every night and we all know that. Even weirder, Jelani's answer was no, he had actually gone to earlier than usual that night. So Joel went on to explain that the reason that he asked was, he had woken up at around 3 a.m., and was really thirsty. He sat up in the bed, and was trying to decided if he should go get something to drink, or just try to go back to sleep. Then he heard two guys talking in the living room. Our bedroom ran along side the living room, so we could hear what was going on in the living room fairly well. So Joel thought that Jelani was talking to one of the other guys in the living room, and decided that since some of the guys were still awake that he would get up and go for a drink. When he walked through the door, it was completely dark and not a soul was in sight.

When he told us about this in the car, I was still a little skeptical, but mostly grateful that I was learning about it after the fact. I had mostly forgotten about the story until a few days later Jamie showed me an odd picture that she found from the trip. I have heard that light distortions in pictures are supposed to be ghosts. I have absolutely nothing to back it up, but this picture did make the "ghost story" a little more fun.
Do you believe in ghosts or have any ghost stories?

5 comments:

  1. I'm the same way I believe in ghost to some extent. I'll have to think if I have any stories and get back to ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK that scared me and I am reading it in the middle of the day, by the way I do believe in ghosts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks alot. I'm a 'fraidy cat and I won't sleep well tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kind of freaked me out too - by the way, did you notice that you took a picture with the same ghost/light in it? Check out your pic with the girls in front of the TV while "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" is on - in the same spot as the pic Jamie took you'll see the light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, i did notice that later, after i put up the other one. I didn't notice it at first; kind of weird.

    ReplyDelete