Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A few nights ago...

A few nights ago we went to a bonfire. Autumn Saxon came home from her mission a week or so ago, and her parents had a bonfire last Friday night to welcome her home. Sis. Saxon called that afternoon to invite us. After I got off of the phone with her, I told Kailey that we were going to a bonfire at the Saxon's that night. She started jabbering about who she was going to play with and how much fun she was going to have. Then she said that she was kind of scared because the last bonfire that we went to kind of scared her. So I tried to reassure her that everything would be fine and that she wouldn't get hurt, and she replied

Well, if I do get burned, Jesus will get in his car, and drive there, and park there, and get out and put me in his car, and take me to his house, and fix me up, and bring me back.
I had to try really hard not to laugh after that super long run on sentence about Jesus.

I'll put up some pictures from the bonfire soon.


7 comments:

  1. That's so sweet and funny too of course! Kaiden said something funny about Jesus the other day and I can't remember what it was...I'm glad you wrote yours down so you won't forget it like I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that Kailey girl! She is too funny. Jesus can fix anything, right?! I wonder what kind of car Jesus has incidentally. Maybe it's a hybrid! Maybe it runs on Holy Ghost fuel! :-) I love the imagination of little kids- they really lighten things up sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad all these little ones love Jesus so much. Max keeps asking when he can play at Jesus' house and he wants to meet the Holy Ghost too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are training her right! seriously, its a testimony of what great parents you are to hear Kailey's growing testimony (in her own Kailey words, of course!) of Jesus. Good job Holly and Joel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kailey has the best imagination. She always comes up with good stores and makes sure to include plenty of details. Maybe she'll be a famous author when she grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so stinkin' cute! She's so intelligent and creative and cute...and awesome and amazing and wonderful...and about 50 million other positive words. Good job keeping a straight face as she told you her burn plan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I laughed at that one and had to read it to Josh (you know he can't read it himself). Very cute!

    ReplyDelete