Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Clare had a baby! Good riddance pull-ups, and I got tagged

Clare (best friend since kindergarten) had a baby girl today! Jamie and I talked to her this morning after Jazzercise, and all was going well. Jezebel Eleanor weighs 6 lb. 14 oz. and has lots of black hair. I am anxiously awaiting pictures.

I have been working on potty training with Kailey for about three or four weeks now. We got really messed up with Amilyn's wedding and Thanksgiving, because those were times when I couldn't help her as much as she needed, so she pretty much went back to the diaper for a little while. Well, I decided that this week we were going to get serious. I concluded that the pull-ups were setting us back, because when she has one of those on, she thinks it's just like a diaper and she can just go in it, and forget the potty. I felt like I was jumping off into the deep end. We have now made it through 24 hrs., no pull-ups or diapers, and we didn't have any accidents (I hesitate to brag, because who knows what tomorrow will bring). I'm not gonna' lie, I was scared to leave the house today with no pull-up. I loaded down Kailey's bag with extra clothes, her sesame street folding travel potty seat, and treats for going in the potty. I had a couple of errands to run today after Jazzercise, so I was pretty nervous. I was suprised at how well things went. I just hope that things continue to go this well.


I was tagged for the Seven Things Meme by Ann.


The rules are:
1. Share seven random facts about yourself, in your blog.
2. Include these rules.
3. Link back to the person who tagged you.
4. Tag seven more people and list their names & blogs.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged.
My seven random facts:
1. I love the beach.
2. I'm kind of picky about food, and don't like trying new things: I typically only eat canadian bacon pizza; I ALWAYS eat my hamburgers with only cheese, pickles, and lettuce; I get the same sandwich, fixed the same way everytime at Subway; I always get the same smoothie at smoothie king; I don't drink milk...
3. I do not like snakes, they scare me soooo bad. Once when I was pregnant with Kailey, a baby one got into our apartment, and I almost went into cardiac arrest. I left the apartment with the snake in there to roam and hide wherever he pleased. Luckily, when Joel got in from work, he found him and removed him using an oven mitt.
4. I wish that I was more creative when it comes to picking out gifts. I always draw a blank when I try to pick something out.
5. I am nursery leader in my ward, and it is not nearly as tough as I thought that it would be. Having Jeni in there with me has made it a lot better, too.
6. Watermelon is my very favorite food! I always eat a humongous peice, and I have a certain order in which I eat the sections of the watermelon slice (weird, I know, Jamie does it, too).
7. I like to fly. When I was young, I always thought that flying in a plane would be scary, but I like it. I wouldn't say that I love it, because I don't ever want to do any flips in the air or anything like that, I just appreciate that it gets me where I want to go a lot faster than driving, and the take off is kind of fun.

I think that I'm kind of long winded. Most other people that did this "tagged" thing had one line per item, mine kind of turned into more. When I post things they always end up longer than I thought that they would be. I hope that I'm not boring people with my posts that go on and on.

I don't think that there is anyone left that I know that hasn't been tagged, so I'm not going to tag anyone. Is something bad going to happen, like 7 years bad luck? I hope not.

6 comments:

  1. Good job Kailey! While I was potty training Ainsly I reached the same conclusion about pull-ups - they really don't help. And they're not even that easy to pull on and off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that first day out diaper free is so terrifying! oh, and pull-ups are from the devil
    congratulations clare!
    and finally...
    when i read that about watermelon it was like one of those facts you just know, but don't think about. funny the things we know about each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moley. I was thinking to myself, "would she just end it already?" Super just kidding. Love your ramblings. Nice snake story...I'd do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should get a watermelon and half it, because I could eat it all day! I can't wait to see what Jezebele looks like! Ayden super regressed with his potty training, but this week we got back on track. I blame myself for bragging earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peyton doesn't really like the pull-up deal either- we let him roam free willy nilly here. (Just Kidding!- I just wanted to feel like I was in the loop!)

    I'm right there with you on the food deal- every now and then I'll be adventurous but mostly I order the same stuff all the time. It got to be where as a kid, my family would go to a restuarant on Saturdays and the minute we walked in they knew what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I share all of your seven things except the flying one (and nursery leader, of course). I'm ok with flying but it makes me just a little too anxious. Usually once or twice during each flight I start to imagine what it would be like if we crashed and then I have to snap myself out of it before I start to hyperventilate.

    ReplyDelete