Wednesday, October 10, 2007

What next?

Yesterday was quite a day. I woke up with a sore throat. Then set out to run errands and do some house work. There was one part that wasn't so bad, I found fresh okra at the produce stand! Joel and I LOVE fried okra (this okra proved to be saving grace at dinner time).

I feel like I have been on the phone the since Wed. of last week. I don't want to make any more phone calls for a very long time; whishful thinking I know. I have been batteling it out with Team Honda, because we bought a "certified" minivan that wasn't really certified. I'm trying to get them to refund our money that we paid for it to be "certified," but they are of course putting up a huge fight. It might be finally coming to an end after some help from Troy. BTW, Troy and Lexi, if you are ever in need of custom software or technical support, I'm volunteering Joel :) The legal advice from Troy seemed to help a lot. The Honda guy was doing some stuttering and told me that he would have to call me back at the end of the conversation. I have been on the phone with them every day since Wed. of last week, UGGHHH!

I took that call from the honda guy in the car as I was driving to lumber liquidators. Joel and I finally came to a decision on flooring and bought it yesterday. Joel and I are both pretty picky about home decor, and other stuff, and we will both explore every possible option to ensure that we are paying the least amount of money for the product that we choose. (I went to several local flooring and home improvement stores for samples, and we ordered sample from some online stores, in other words, I will throw up if I see another flooring sample) I was so glad and relieved to have finally made a decision on the flooring. So, things seemed to being going a little better, despite my nerves being bad from the call with Team Honda, then I got home to a hot house, with flooring no less, that is supposed to acclimated at a temperature range of 65-75 degrees. When I realized that the air wasn't working, I shuttered at the thought of all of the phone calls that it would take to get the air fixed in a timely manner so that the flooring didn't warp in the heat. Fortunately our house has a two year warranty for air conditioner and other stuff, but getting the home builder to take care of warranty issues is like pulling teeth. With our last warranty issue, the warranty lady just forgot to submit the work request to the sub-contractor and forgot to call us.

The new bamboo flooring.

The "frozen" ac unit :(

I didn't have dinner done when Joel got home because it took longer than expected at the flooring store and traffic was bad. If I hadn't cooked fried okra, it would've been really bad! If you didn't already know this about Joel, he doesn't function very well when he is hungry or tired (not to mention, every one is more tempermental with 80 degree heat in the house). Once he found out that there was okra cooking, he was on much better behavior. Joel and I sweated through dinner with Kailey screaming. We have been struggling to get her to eat food and not just drink juice and milk all day. She is going through a phase where she doesn't really like food that much anymore, and would rather receive nutrition via the sippy cup. She goes around saying cuppa cup with the saddest voice she can muster. It was not a fun dinner, but we did have fried okra.

After dinner poor Joel had to unload the 14 heavy boxes of wood flooring into the hot house.

We survived the night, in the heat, and I'm happy to say that the air conditioner has been temporarily fixed (they have to order a part), so i'm no longer sweating.


  1. Just reading your blog makes me exhausted! Good luck w/ all of your phone calls...I'll be sure not to bother you! :)

  2. ugh. i hope your a/c is fixed and working great now. i bet that flooring is going to look great.
    oh, by the way, i think it is a little funny that okra was your saving grace. it would have been my downfall. :-)

  3. Man, no A/C AND your pregnant. What a nightmare. I know if that would have happened to us when I was preggers, I would have MADE Aaron check us into a hotel.

    I'm tired now, too after reading this entry...I think I'm going to go to bed.

  4. Gee whiz- that sounded like a nightmare day. Glad to hear the A.C. is up and at it again. Hopefully you'll hear good news from the Honda people- I hate getting the run around too!

  5. I read your blog sometimes and couldn't help but comment this time. It seems like it all happens at once, huh? I can relate to the a/c thing and the sippy cup issue. That will get better. In my experience you make fewer tough-to-break habits with the second child and pretty soon the oldest one can reason and understand you. Laurel is still super picky, but she seems healthy despite consuming a handful of veggies in her whole lifetime! Good luck! Laurel does love fried eggplant, though...might be worth a try.