Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sorry Turkey, you just aren't as good as candy


This morning, I was in the bathroom getting ready for the day. Kailey came bouncing in, and here is the conversation that followed:

K: "Mommy, I want to have Halloween next week!" (getting more and more excited as she speaks, starting to bounce again, as she realizes that she might be on to something, and that it could work).

H: "Sorry KK, Halloween only happens once a year."

K: Look of disappointment

H: "Do you know what is coming up in a few weeks?"

K: "No" (with a hint of anticipation and hope)

H: "Thanksgiving! We will get together with our family and have dinner. We will have a big turkey and lots of other good food."

K: wrinkles nose like something smells bad, turns dramatically and walks away.

3 comments:

  1. Yep, Thanksgiving as a kid is just one of those holidays that gets in the way of all of the REAL fun! I enjoy Turkey Day now but sometimes I find that I'm just waiting for the dinner prep to be over with so it can be Christmas already. Maybe it should have been Thanksgiving, Halloween THEN Christmas on the calender. But I still think kids would just be scrambling through the turkey festivities just to get to Halloween. That is really funny and so true! At least she didn't try to take herself trick or treating the day after at 6 in the morning like I did when I was 3. Gave my parents heart failure! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that's great...silly girl

    Maybe she'll get excited since she'll get to see us the day after Thanksgiving. I know she loves my little jellybean...but don't call her jellybean when talking to Kailey...or she'll be really disappointed that I don't have a candy baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! Joe and I agree that you should be a writer. I saw this title and the newest one and I knew I was in for some good reading, just from the titles.
    That Kailey is a funny girl. These kids are just an endless supply of good times and funniness.

    ReplyDelete